“I have time during the university holidays and quickly got started with doing illustrations for literacy booklets.” Anna
Volunteer illustrators can work flexibly from home on an ad hoc basis, short-term or long-term, from just a few hours per month up to several days per week, depending on personal preference and on the demand for the illustration service.
We particularly appreciate artists who can create realistic line drawings that look attractive and explain some of the details in written text. Illustrations enhance MissionAssist’s library of adult literacy booklets, which are provided for free to literacy workers around the world.
- Respond to requests from the service coordinator about your availability and preferences.
- Use your creativity to suggest appropriate ideas, in collaboration with the writer and service coordinator.
- Having accepted a request, produce appropriate, clear illustrations to fulfil the agreed brief.
- Ability to create appropriate drawings to communicate a message, idea or a story.
- For illustrating shell books: experience with adult literacy materials would be an advantage.
- Willingness to work as part of a virtual team serving world mission from home.